Sunday, April 7, 2013

First Post!!

Hello!  Welcome to my kitchen ramblings!  

I have been thinking about doing this blog for a while, and finally have the guts to do it.  I hope it doesn't bore you too much, and if you find a recipe you would like to share, let me know!  


A little bit of background... 

I have recently gotten (back) into cooking, and want to try to improve on my skills and repertoire of recipes.  I can remember in middle school wanting to become a chef, but then in high school, I chose a different path:  CHEMISTRY*insert music of doom, death and distruction here*  Yeah, similar and yet not so much......  But now that I'm a wife and mother, I want to try to cook good meals for my boys.  It can be tricky to do this, since both the hubbs and my son are picky eaters, but I am slowly figuring out the tricks.  I won't say that every meal is balanced and healthy, but I'm working to at least keep them fed and happy (the easiest way to the male's heart <3 ).  It is also difficult to do this since I work 40+hrs a week outside the home.  There isn't much time to make elaborate meals, especially when feeding my two boys, but I'm working to figure out easy go-to meals that can be delicious.  I try to do better meals on the weekends since I have more time, but sometimes the motivation isn't there.  I also have the challenge of not having a dishwasher, therefore my goal is to use as few dishes as possible so I have less mess to clean up!


I will aim to post once a week (likely on weekends), since that's when I have the most time to do anything, cooking included.  I'm not ashamed to post meal failures, as we all have to learn from our mistakes.  It's discouraging, however life is a learning experience.  As long as we take that knowledge and move forward, we can only improve.  I'm sure even the most famous of chefs have bombed a meal or two...


Thank you for reading!  This weekend's post will come once the little guy is snuggled up in bed with his stuffed animals.


~KB~


P.S.  For those of you who didn't know me before I got married, I'm going by KB instead of KM because that's the nickname I received in either high school or college.  Some friends have always called me that, even to this day.  So KB I will always be :o)

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your blog! I'm going to add it to my recipes file/feed :)

    ReplyDelete